A testimonial can be a wonderful thing for your business. Almost all successful companies use testimonials of some kind to show what they are saying about their business and products is the truth. What good are product reviews?
- Give an unbiased review of a product. Sometimes we get so excited about our business, when we talk about our products it starts to sound like an ad. By giving the customer a chance to look at an unbiased review from someone that has nothing to gain from their recommendation, it gives the customer more faith.
- Better decision for the customer Maybe they have questions or concerns about the product which they don’t want to bother contacting anyone about. Some people are very quiet, and like to see what others are saying about certain things. By allowing them to read a review, you are giving them the chance to see the product from a non-ad side. They may or may not buy, but the main point is you’ll have much more happy, valuable customers.
- Give suggestions to potential customers Have you ever gone to a website and got lost in all the products? In an offline store, sales people can help point you in the direction of some interesting items. Online this isn’t the case. Product reviews can offer that “suggestion” and point customers in the direction of those interesting products.
- Show your personality In bigger direct sales companies, the competition between reps can be unreal. Having a product review written about you and your products can help bring your personality out. If a potential customer sees you as a recommended rep with reasons why, the chances of them going to you for their needs with this company is greater.
How do I get a review? There’s several different ways to have a product review written about you and your business.
Some ideas include:
- Family or Friends Most have tried your products, right? Ask them for some feedback, and what they think. – Exchange Products Find a rep for a non-competing business and swap products. You will need to find someone you trust to write a positive review.
- Freelancers Some you may need to pay, but the rewards from a review can be much more that the cost of the article.
- Find Shopping Websites. Many websites online now offer to write reviews for you for free. It gives the website owner content, and you the chance to show off your best products.
Product reviews can help your business in many different ways. If you have a personal website verses a company site, the rewards are much greater.